ULTRAPORT zer0 is the first closed system stopcock with zero dead space, designed to reduce the chance of catheter related blood stream infections (CRBSI) and to simplify IV fluid or drug administrations. The added benefits of this innovative stopcock are that it:
- Has zero dead space and therefore no residual drug.
- Automatically primes, easily removing air bubbles that may be hazardous to certain patient types.
- Automatically flushes, reducing the number of accesses required to complete IV fluid or drug administration.
- Anesthesiology. 2008. 109:3.
- Yebenes J, Martinez R, Serra-Prat M ,et al. Resistance to the migration of microorganisms of the needle-free disinfectable connector: Am J Infect Control. 2003; 26;31:462)