Composed of modified collagens -- just sprinkle it on the wound to give it a good covering up to about 1/8" thick. The powder will dissolve in the wound fluid to give a protective gel for supporting the growing skin and tissue.
Directions For Use:
Stimulen™ family of collagen products are all comprised of specially prepared polypeptides and modified collagen. The products form a protective gel on the wound bed. This gel protects new cells and tissue from dehydration. All forms provide a moist environment to promote rapid healing. All show moderate absorption and are non-adherent to the wound bed.
1. Cleanse the wound using standard protocol
2. Sprinkle a generous coating of the collagen powder, 1/32" to 1/8" depth.
3. Cover the wound bed and Stimulen™ collagen powder with a non-adherent secondary dressing* and secure with tape or appropriate covering.
4. Change the secondary dressing* and re-apply Stimulen™ collagen powder daily or as needed.
* We recommend Elastogel™ wound dressings.
** NOTE THAT THE STIMULEN™ COLLAGEN POWDER DOES NOT NEED TO BE REMOVED FROM THE WOUND SITE. The collagen powder is readily broken down by the natural enzymes present in most wound fluids.