A gel formulated to produce a highly concentrated dispersion of modified collagen. This gel provides a method to apply these collagens to wounds when it is difficult to apply the powder, such as a leg in a vertical position or the bottom of the foot. It can also be used to fill a cavity wound.
Directions For Use:
Cover the gel and wound area with an appropriate secondary dressing. We recommend that you use Elasto-Gel™ wound dressings. Elasto-Gel™ gel dressings contain high levels of glycerine and have been shown to exhibit bacteriostatic properties.
Stimulen™ family of collagen products are all comprised of specially prepared polypeptides and modified collagen. The products form a protective gel on the wound bed. This gel protects new cells and tissue from dehydration. All forms provide a moist environment to promote rapid healing. All show moderate absorption and are non-adherent to the wound bed.
Before use-remove cap and peel off the safety seal
Tear corner off of the packet where packet is indented
1. Cleanse the wound using standard protocol
2. Apply a generous coating of the collagen gel to the wound site or fill the wound cavity.
3. Cover the wound bed and Stimulen™ collagen gel with a non-adherent secondary dressing* and secure with tape or appropriate covering.
4. Change the secondary dressing* and re-apply Stimulen™ collagen gel daily or as needed.
* We recommend Elastogel™ wound dressings.