Physician's authorization is required to purchase this item.
B. Braun's Espocan® combined spinal epidural needles give the anesthesia provider the ability to perform CSE with one of the most technically advanced devices. Espocan is the combination of two unique, patented regional anesthesia needles designed to enhance your CSE technique.
Espocan combined spinal epidural needles are a combination of Espocan Tuohy and sleeved spinal needles design.
- Features a back-eye lumen situated in the heel of a Tuohy bevel to allow the sleeved spinal needle to pass through. This gives the anesthesia provider better tactile feel since needle-to-needle contact is avoided.
- As the Espocan spinal needle is advanced through the Espocan Tuohy needle its unique centering sleeve aligns the spinal with the back-eye lumen to help prevent an over-the-curve placement.
- Epidural catheter is directed through the Tuohy curve, away from the dura puncture site to lessen the chance of intrathecal catheter placement.
B. Braun offers flexibility through a variety of combined spinal epidural anesthesia needles that allow you to conveniently convert your existing epidural tray to fit your unique needle and catheter needs.
CSE sets contain:
- Espocan Tuohy needle
- Espocan sleeved Pencan or Spinocan spinal needle
- 5 mL clear spinal syringe
Tray and set options available with Espocan Docking System
Performing the combined spinal epidural technique requires your utmost skill and dexterity—especially after dural puncture with the spinal needle. The challenge is to keep the spinal needle stabilized as the intrathecal anesthetic/analgesic agent is being injected.
The solution to this challenge is the Espocan Docking System, a small, unobtrusive compression sleeve that stabilizes the spinal needle after dural puncture, while allowing rotation of the needle to enhance CSF return.