CareTemp Touch Free is the latest addition to Welch Allyn’s industry leading line of thermometers including the high precision SureTemp Plus 690/692 Electronic and Braun ThermoScan PRO 4000 ear devices.
Features and Benefits
Measurement feedback system
Clinical Workflow Enhancements
- Detects proper operating distance from forehead (4-6 cm) to help provide consistent accuracy. If the clinician is outside of the optimal measurement range, the device will not capture a reading until it is positioned at the correct distance from the patient’s forehead.
- Audible and Visual feedback guides operator on proper positioning.
Superior User Experience
- 60 second pulse timer for manual measurement of respirations or pulse
- Dedicated memory recall and C/F scale conversion operation buttons
- Bright, backlit display that is easy to read even in low room light
- Ability to set temperature scale default to Celsius or Fahrenheit
Cleaning “Friendly” Design
- Ergonomic handle design that is comfortable to hold
- Angled screen that is easy to view while operating device
- Simple one-handed operation with all operation buttons within reach
- Device housing is made with a durable plastic that is compatible with many popular “medical grade” cleaning and disinfecting products
- Sealed operation buttons that can be wiped
- Non-contact means there’s no need to wipe sensor head between patients (a consideration with contact scanners that require patient skin touch)
Ideal medical environments for the CareTemp Touch Free Thermometer include; Triage and Emergency Departments, Urgent Care Clinics, School Health Offices and Clinics, Long Term Care and Mental Health. The CareTemp is a useful clinical screening tool when the need is to quickly determine if the patient is presenting with elevated fever or not. For critical measurement applications requiring higher precision accuracy and/or temperature trending, the Welch Allyn SureTemp Plus 690/692 and Braun PRO 4000 are superior choices.