AQUACEL® Ag dressing incorporating unique Hydrofiber® Technology with 1.2% (w/w) silver combines the favorable gelling characteristics of Hydrofiber® Technology with the broad-spectrum antimicrobial properties of ionic silver (Ag+). It is a versatile primary dressing indicated for moderate to highly exuding chronic and acute wounds where there is an infection* or an increased risk of infection. * when used in a comprehensive protocol of care. Also available in ribbon form, with stichbonding for added strength.
AQUACEL ® Ag Hydrofiber ® Wound Dressing with lonic Silver does more than just provide antimicrobial activity.
AQUACEL ® Ag Hydrofiber ® Wound Dressing with lonic Silver is indicated for moderate to high exuding wounds which are infected or at risk of infection.
Because it is the only antimicrobial dressing that incorporates Hydrofiber® Technology, it:
- Releases ionic silver in a controlleda manner as wound exudate is absorbed into the dressing1,2,
- May help protect periwound skin by helping reduce the risk of maceration b,3,4
- Is soft and conformable5
- Supports wound healing by providing a moist wound healing environment6
- AQUACEL ® Ag Hydrofiber ® Wound Dressing with lonic Silver provides rapid and sustained antimicrobial activity in vitro.1,2,7
- As demonstrated in in vitro testing, AQUACEL ® Ag Hydrofiber ® Wound Dressing with lonic Silver provides sustained antimicrobial activity for up to 7 days.
This product does not contain latex.